Frequently Asked Questions

Below are the top FAQs for the Board. Have a different question? Search the FAQs by keyword or filter by topic. If you still haven't found your answer, contact the Board's Consumer Information Unit for assistance.

Search All FAQs

Select a Topic

Frequently Asked Questions

Name Change

When do I need to submit a name change and what is the procedure?

If you move after you submitted your application, you must submit an Applicant Address Change Request Form. This form may be faxed or mailed to the Board.

If you change your name after you have submitted an application or are licensed, you must submit a signed Notification of Name Change form , along with photocopy or electronic copy of a current government-issued photographic identification (e.g., driver’s license, alien registration, passport, etc.) and one of the following legal documents as proof of the name change:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Dissolution of marriage (divorce)
  • Certified Court Order

The Notification of Name Change form and supporting documents must be mailed to the Board.

Is there a fee to process a name change?

There is no fee to process a name change; however, if you require a new wall certificate a fee is required.

You may order a duplicate wall certificate by completing the Application for Duplicate Wall Certificate and submitting the appropriate fees.

A new Wallet License may be generated by utilizing the Wallet License Generator. There is no fee for this service.