Contact the Board's Executive Office for assistance.
Toll Free: (800) 633-2322
Phone: (916) 263-2389
Fax: (916) 263-2387Send a Message
The laws governing the practice of medicine and other allied health care professionals regulated by the Medical Board of California (Board) are contained in the Business and Professions Code.
- California Law
A complete listing of the Board's laws.
- 2022 Legislative Requests
- Laws for 2022
- Laws from 2020
Laws from 2019
A look at laws taking effect in 2019.
- AB 149 (Cooper) – Transition Period for Prescription Form Requirements Effective March 11, 2019
- AB 714 (Wood) - Clarifies AB 2760 Naloxone Prescription Requirements, Effective September 5, 2019
- AB 1753 (Low, Chapter 479) – Prescription Form Requirements Effective January 1, 2019
- AB 2760 (Wood, Chapter 324) – Naloxone Prescription Requirements Effective January 1, 2019
Similar to the laws that govern the practice of medicine in California, the Board’s regulations establish rules to implement laws set forth in the Medical Practice Act.
- Existing Regulations
The Medical Board's regulations are under Title 16, Professional and Vocational Regulations, Division 13, Medical Board of California.
- Proposed Regulations
Subject Notice Text Statement Notice of Modified Text Modified Text Public Hearing Agenda Notice of Approval Postgraduate Training Medical and Midwife Assistant Certifying Agencies Notice to Consumers